READING LACROSSE ASSOCIATION (RLA) CODE OF CONDUCT
Reading Lacrosse Association, US Lacrosse and the Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse League abide by the US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct governing all coaches, players, officials and parents. The purpose of the code is to ensure that all of those people associated with lacrosse treat each other with dignity and respect.
The Code of Conduct is a condition of membership for all players, parents, coaches and officials. All members who join Reading Youth Lacrosse agree to abide by the Code of Conduct and to be subject to the consequences of violating the code. Every Registration Form for Reading Youth Lacrosse includes the Code of Conduct, either directly or by reference.
All enforcement decisions made by the officials of Reading Lacrosse Association are final and not subject to review. No refunds will be granted to those players dismissed from the club for violating the Code of Conduct.
US Lacrosse Youth Council Code of Conduct Statement
I, as a player, coach, parent, spectator or official, pledge to conduct myself in a manner that complies with the US Lacrosse Youth Council "Code of Conduct" at all times. Accordingly, I pledge to:
1. "Honor the Game";
2. Demonstrate respect to other players, coaches, and parents; officials; and spectators;
3. Uphold the essential elements of the USL Youth Council "Code of Conduct", which are HONESTY and INTEGRITY;
4. Demonstrate and Encourage good sportsmanship and the concepts of fair play;
5. Focus on fun and participation;
6. Know and abide by the Rules of Lacrosse, the established guidelines, and all eligibility requirements;
7. Understand that the safety and welfare of all concerned is the top priority;
8. Support the drug, alcohol, and tobacco free environment that is important for all youth sporting events;
Further, I pledge NOT to:
1. Ever use profanity at a youth event;
2. Criticize coaches, players, or game officials;
3. Touch an opposing player, coach, or game official in a threatening manner.